Friday, January 29, 2010

Nurture

Yesterday I picked Elle up from preschool a bit early because she has had a terrible cough. I think she's got croup again. Brent had a big meeting today in the afternoon, so I offered to tag team with him; he would stay home in the morning and I would get a sub for the afternoon and come home so he could go to his meeting. Well, things got a little messed up when Brent woke up vomiting. I went to work as planned, Brent felt a little better and thought he could care for Elle ok. My sub showed up with no problems and I was able to leave at 11 to go home (but not before stopping at the store to pick up some saltines and diet ginger ale) to watch over Elle (who is fine as long as the tylenol is working) and Brent (who had to cancel his meeting) and do loving things for them to help them feel better.
I am thankful for my nurturing nature and that the Lord created us women to take care of our men and our babies, and I am thankful for a job that gives me the flexibility to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment