Monday, January 25, 2010

Coincidence

Yesterday in sacrament, Judy Curtis gave a touching, well-organized, and informative talk about following the promptings of the Holy Spirit and using this gift in our lives. As I had mentioned, sitting with us were a man about to be baptized, and a woman who is coming back to church. I felt the Spirit so strongly as she spoke of it, and I felt it manifesting itself to the congregation and I just had a feeling that her talk was helping so many people with questions, and giving strenth to those who were struggling. I know I was one of those people.
Brent was expecially moved by the talk also. So much so that as soon as we got home, he wrote out a note expressing his feelings to Judy and got it ready to mail. Well, that was a lovely thought, but I was stuck because I wanted to express my feelings too. He had already sealed the envelope, and since I had sadly missed the opportunity to say something after church, I couldn't very well scribble at the bottom "Ditto from me!" (not that I would have done that, right??) And I thought sending a card myself would be a bit redundant. Having been a recipient of several "thank you for your talk" notes in the mail, I would think that she wouldn't have thought it redundant. But I am stubborn and I didn't want to come across as crazy.
Imagine my luck (or perhaps, the hand of God) when I ran into Judy in the dairy section of Safeway. I was so happy to see her there. I have never ran into her outside of church before. I was so thankful that I ran into her so I could express in person my feelings of gratitude for the message she shared.
I am thankful for a small ward community that shops at the same grocery store and for the (second) chance the Lord gave me to share my gratitude for a sister's beautiful testimony building message.

No comments:

Post a Comment